I just went through all the comments from the last few posts and while I was tearing up I’m also feeling like I’m ready to fly again.
Thank you all for these AMAZING years, thank you all for your support! It’s been about 8 years that I’ve dedicated my time and energy to scrapbooking and blogging and it was so wonderful to get to know such amazing people that have been in my corner for all this time!! Thank you!!
Now, I’ve always wanted to share some stuff about DT’s!! And I never have. There are girls out there, that want to get into DT’s just like I used to all those years ago. So this next part will be for the ones that want to work for DT’s
- Try to challenge yourself and get better with every project you craft
- Find your own style & niche
- Make the best out of the supplies you already have
- Blog blog blog!
- Be consistent with blogging. Try to keep a schedule, 2-3 times every week or whatever feels right for you
- Manufacturers often don’t take total newbies (even tough they say they do…) Therefore start out with smaller DT’s and work your way up
- Don’t give up!
- Check manufacturer blogs (or the site you’d like to work for) at least once a week and react when they’re having a DT Call
- If the company has a forum, participate genuinely. Get to know other people and let them get to know you.
- If you’re applying for a manufacturer DT, get some of their supplies to craft your submission.
- Try to craft something that will stand out.
- When typing your bio, keep it fresh but short. Coordinators have to read their way through so many applications, that you want to stand out positively.
- Always be honest.
- If they want a headshot, make an effort and send in a good one
- Always re-size your images to the guidelines!!
- Look at your work with a critical eye. Can you get better at something? Challenge yourself!
- Don’t give up if you don’t get picked right away. There are many DT’s a applied to in my early days and about 90% didn’t even get back to me! It’s normal.
- Don’t apply to any DT. Pick the ones you would truly love to work for – if you’re terrible witch sketches, don’t do sketch blogs. If you have a modern style, don’t apply for a DT that features romantic pages.
- Don’t write negative blog posts and don’t talk badly about companies that haven’t picked you.
- And again, don’t give up. It might not happen from one day to another, so be patience and take it easy. Learn and grow in the meantime and get better at what you do!
And now, go get ‘em Tiger!!!
There’s been a common question about my youtube channel and this blog, if they’re going to stay on the internet or not. As for youtube, I’m not sure what will happen, but for now the videos will stay where they are. The blog on the other side will vanish sometimes in the upcoming year. It is expensive to host a site and I hope you understand that I cannot continue to pay for it in the future…
The Etsy Shop is getting emptier!! Thank you all for helping me make space I will keep the shop open for about another month, but then I will have to close these doors as well. Therefore, if you want a stamp set or two, please get them now. It will be too late real soon.
And last but not least, there are still some packs left from the Flea Market I’ve lowered the prices, but if you feel like making me an offer on any pack, please do so It’s really hard to know the worth of the goodies.
Have a Happy New Year!!!
PS: This was the 500st blog post